All images are copyright 1989-infinity the property of Sunna Ben.
This website was built, and later rebuilt using Indexhibit, which is pretty cool if you ask me.
Design and branding
- Lóan, beer label design for Borg Brugghús, 2017.
- Tónlistinn, done at Hugsmiðjan, 2016 - Branding and logo design for Tónlistinn
- Hildur, 2016 - logo, merch and poster design for Hildur the singer
- Rökkurró, 2014 - T-shirt design for the band.
- Hitt húsið, 2013 - complete rebranding of a youth center in Reykjavík. This included redisigning all printed material and a massive sign on the side of the house.
- Blitz - Twisted mind, LP cover photography, 2010.
- Hrím hönnunarhús, Laugavegi, 2017 - a large mural of a forrest with tigers and monkeys in a local design shop.
- Húrra bar, Tryggvagata, 2015 - a large mural of a curiosity cabin.
- Hrím hönnunarhús, Kringlan, 2015 - a small mural of tigers in the jungle in a design store.
- Dýr(ð/s)legur draumur, mural in Kiosk, Laugavegur - for DesignMarch 2014 - a mural/installation in irregular store windows. A strange 3D forrest.
- Harlem bar, Tryggvagata, 2012 - Friends behind the bar, medium sized wall piece.
- Stjörnukisi, Hjartagarður, Festisvall - for Reykjavík Culture night 2011 - large mural of a starcat.
- Untitled murals, Hjartagarður, Festisvall - for Reykjavík Culture Night 2010 - murals on selected windows of a burnt down house.
Selected features in print
- Neptún issue #3, 2015: Featured illustrations.
- Mæna, 2014.
Bedford pages 2nd issue- 2013: Featured illustrations.
- PANL book #21 - 2012: Photography for the 21st annual book by the Photographers association of the
- Mr. Mötley - 2012: Illusration and article - “Life after artschool”.
- Mæna- 2012: I made a comic strip for the 2012 edition of the annual arts and design magazine, Mæna, which is produced by the graphic design department of The Icelandic Academy of the Arts.
- VOLG- 2012: Painting for VOLG magazine.
- Skeleton horse - 2012: Zine cover artwork.
- Vice festival guide - 2010: Illusrations.
Other cool stuff
- Nýsköpunarverðlaun forseta Íslands, 2013 & 2014 - I made illustrations that were given as awards by the president of Iceland to young people who had made groundbreaking science and research projects in the year that just passed. I did this two years in a row.
DesignMarch 2016 - Vættir
A group exhibition organised by illustrators.
DesignMarch 2014 - Dýr(ð/s)legur draumur - Solo exhibition - Kiosk:
I was commissioned to decorate the windows of Kiosk, a local design store.
The windows are irregular in shape and depth and I used the shape to create optical trickery within a pattern of black and white leaves and flowers in a jungle motif.
The painting took a few evenings and accidentally became a bit of a tourist attraction with many photographs and videos being taken of the event.
DesignMarch 2014 - Furðulegt háttalag hönnuða - Group exhibition - Borgarleikhúsið:
Fourteen artists were asked to partake in an exhibition in one of the theatres in Reykjavík for DesignMarch. We all got the same assignment which was to design a poster for the play "The curious incident of the dog in the night time" by Mark Haddon.
DesignMarch 2014 - Fegursta orðið - Group exhibition - FÍT - Þjóðmenningarhúsið:
A group of artists were asked to illustrate words that had been in the running for the title of the most beautiful word in the Icelandic language.